Monday, June 14, 2010

: : Soirée [[ du 12 juin 2010 ]] : :

: : Samedi : : Le jour de la fete...WHOO!

Saturday morning, Marine and picked out what we were going to wear for the party that night. I had nothing...as usual. I didn't really plan on bringing summer night clothing when it was negative eight degrees!

I tried on Marine's shorts...too big. Aurore's denim skirt...a little too big againa and it didn't really go with anything which I had (haha, doesn't really help that the washing machine's broken :S). So I put on my mum's black skirt, black singlet and black vest...although again, I was looked a bit weird...So I put on my black leggings instead.

Haha - I still wasn't all that happy so I put on my sparkly Pimpkie leopard print top :).

I was rather annoyed as I STILL couldn't wear my flats due to my massive blisters from the last time when we walked home...

After my shower, Marine, Aurore and I did the chores (while my host-parents were out shopping)...then Marine and I proceeded upstairs to try and find more people to come to the party...again...as there were quite a few people who cancelled at the last minute...So it turned out to be, Clement (from Portugese), Maxime (from Code), Yanis, Alexis (from singing), Chloe, Cindy, Sawdatou and Marine and I...

At 3.30pm, Marine, my host-mum and I made our way to Didier's to set up. We had three bags - one with food - one with plates/cups/napkins etc - and one with the sound system.



Cindy arrived not too long after and the three of us were taken to the supermarket to buy some quick last minute things before the three of us joined Didier in the kitchen where he was preparing dinner for the adults upstairs. He beheaded them and de-gutted them...which was rather digusting :S. Marine then wanted to have a shot at it...She went to cut off the head like Didier had showed her, but she cut it way too horizontally and ended up cutting it in half, where we could all see the half open mouth and everything :S.



The three of us left Didier to do the rest and the four of us (Aurore, Cindy, me and Marine) proceeded to the bathroom...which was rather small for all of us :O. I ended up changing my pants in the shower (I realised there was a hole in my leggings so I brought my black pants with me :)).

We did Cindy's makeup and straightened her hair :D and then walked to school where Sawdatou was meeting us. She told us she was already there, so we were a bit confused when she wasn't...so we continued down the street and found her waddling towards us...she was feeling a bit sick in the stomach : (.



When we got back to Didier's we made her a hot tea which she drank while she changed into her dress and did her makeup.

The now five of us went downstairs and cut up the tuna, cheese and ham, and ham and olive cakes....It was a bit disastrous as Cindy and Marine cut them in a squashing motion :S haha.

I cut up the tomato tart and the ham and cheese quiche that my host-mum had prepared too.

---

We all took our chairs out the front of the house as there was a marathon around Soissons and Didier's house was just near the finish. We encouraged the runners and Marine and Sawdatou couldn't understand why anyone would run a marathon for 8 euros. Haha - Didier was also at his window calling to them to come and have a BBQ as she dangled giant slabs of meat outside his kitchen window... :O hehe.






---

After moving out chairs back to the backyard, we awaited the first of our guests to arrive. The first was Clement...he had brought us a giant layered chocolate and cream sponge cake :). And his hair was rather interesting too ;) hehe. Didier had a good laugh about it when he welcomed him in the garage.

The six of us waited outside the front of the house for the others to arrive. Alexis number two (who Marine's mum called in the car when we were on our way to the supermarket...we were desperate for people, haha) and Chloe arrived at the same time...and then we got a text from Alexis (singing) and Maxime telling us that they were on their way and would be there in 5 or so minutes...HA! Turned out to be more like 45 minutes... :O

Yanis was lost so we had to guide by phone to the house and Marine, Aurore and I ended up running up to him in the street because he was walking to slowly : | hehe.

On our way back to the house, WITH Yanis, Maxime arrived...We were then waiting on Alexis. Marine got me to go upstairs, and get my phone so I could give her his number to call him.

When I opened the door to the first storey, I was a little surprised when I walked right into him...I let out a rather loud, "OH! T'es la!"...the same reaction as Marine when saw him behind me when I came back down the stairs without my phone.

---

The evening started horribly. No one really spoke and there were terrible silences when the music stopped each time. So Marine decided to tuck everyone in at the table and force feed them.

Thankfully the night got a bit better after the girls attempted to lighten up the night with karaoke...which failed disastrously...so Alexis took over with the music and it got better from there.

Aurore was rather love struck by Alexis, which was hilarious. When Marine and Chloe were singing a song with the words, "Je t'aime" (I love you) in it, Aurore sang those words and those words only to Alexis, who gave me rather scared looks in reponse.

So, the two of us counted to three and then attacked her, me taking her arms and Alexis talking her legs and chucking her outside...where we chased her around the cars (outside the garage)...haha, she wouldn't stop screaming, so we stopped incase the parents started to worry. We took her inside and danced with her instead.



Later on we all moved outside where Sawdatou and Alexis had a bit of a photo war - haha, I was Alexis' shield and Aurore ran around screaming :O



When Yanis left, we walked him down the street a bit and I gave him a great big hug incase I never saw him again : (.

We talked outside for a while and then Alexis and I decided to go back inside because we were too cold.

On our way, he got me to speak French with an Australian accent - he found it hilarious and didn't understand all that much. Then he got me to speak with a Picard accent - he told he me say, "je m'appelle Rebekka, han!" - haha, I sounded a bit blocked up in my nose there :O but he said it was good :D.

When we opened the door, we cracked up laughing when we saw Sawdatou all alone in the garage dancing with herself!!! Hehehehe.

Alexis got Sawdatou to dance like a real African woman - so the two danced together and it was hilarious!

ALexis number two and Chloe left and the night was split into two groups. Alexis, Sawdatou and I who were seated on the couch, singing and dancing a bit crazily and Clement, Marine, Cindy and Maxime who talked.




At one stage, Marine grabbed some massive scissors and trimmed Clement's mohork type thing and then, Maximes hair. She even agreed to have a little bit of her's chopped off by Maxime..haha. Alexis, Sawdatou and I watched them with our mouths open :O.



---

Afterwards, we watched the video of Marine's singing final as Alexis still hadn't seen it and Maxime was interested. So we watched it and then attempted to take a group photo...which failed the first few times as Clement couldn't find a place in the webcam and Marine kept falling and pushing me forwards, haha.

Although, we got there in the end and Alexis accidentally fell across some...photos of Marine...which he quickly exited...luckily there were only about three people who saw it :D hehe.



We walked Alexis to the end of the street where Cindy and I stayed and talked to him for a while before he left and Marine went and said goodbye to Maxime as his mum was waiting for him.

So then there were the five left over who were sleeping...Clement, Sawdatou, Cindy, me and Marine.

It was 5.30am when we decided to go to bed as we had stayed up cleaning and talking - Clement and I were pretty tired and were on the floor laughing and crying with laughter, haha.

When we went upstairs we were surprised to see that Didier was still up! We thought he was sleeping!

When we told him we were going to bed, he decided to START his dishes! :O A bit late...!

We ended up sleeping four in one bed with one person in the bed downstairs. Surprisingly it was rather comfortable, even if Cindy fell off the bed and we only slept for less than three hours haha.

When we got up, Didier had breakfast ready for us...I didn't eat all that much as I was still half asleep and my French was disastrous - I did, however drink 6 glasses of water : |. I was thirsty, haha.

Cindy's mum came and picked her up at 11.30am...And when we were saying goodbye to her at the car, Sawdatou appeared at the door with her mouth open and waving as she thought that Cindy was her ride home...hahahahahhahaha.

We packed up the food and waited for Marine's mum to come and get the rest of us.

First she dropped of Sawdatou, then Clement. When we arrived home, Marine and I didn't eat lunch (although we had a bit of a snack marathon at 3pm or so).

The day was rather horrible - we still hadn't had a shower since the day before and our hair was all greasy :S. Instead we lounged on Marine's bed...then had a nap at 4.30pm or so...which lasted till 7pm when Aurore came and woke us up. She told me something that scared me and thought that it was really urgent that we woke up Marine...So me, still being half asleep, told her to take my bottle of water and threaten her with it as a joke - but instead Aurore poured it all over her and in her ears. Marine screamed and cried and it scared everyone. Her parents weren't happy at all and Aurore kept telling me to tell her parents it was me. I don't think she realised that I couldn't do that...So she ended telling them that it was my idea and I got in trouble...Although we cleared things up with my host-mum later and she realised that it really wasn't my fault and Aurore shouldn't have told me what she did :S.

Whatsmore, it was my host-parents wedding anniversary :'(.

After dinner, Marine and I weren't all that tired so we slept rather late...Although we slept well :).

1 comment:

  1. hey, wow I almost didn't recognise you in some of the pics :) its cool how you can get them on here btw

    ReplyDelete